Oxygen E-Cylinder Medical Gas for Home & Healthcare
Oxygen E-cylinder Bottles
A human body can not live without oxygen in the air Some people who have a lung disease or medical conditions, may not get enough oxygen in their body which will leave them short of breath. When someone doesn’t receive enough oxygen in their body problem will accrue in their lungs, heart, brain, blood and other parts of the body.
Purpose of O2 E-Cylinder
The purpose in OR of an e-cylinder is to provide backup oxygen in case of emergency or the main oxygen supply fails. O2 e-cylinders are attached to the anesthesia machine using a hanger yoke assembly and a pin index safety system (PISS). Each O2 e-cylinder is check prior to administering anesthesia. Be sure to always close the value after the inspection while not in use.
Oxygen e-cylinder tanks are used to store gas for: medical breathing at medical facilities and/or at home during personal use. Some organizations such as the military or private aviation use e-cylinders for breathing at high altitude unpressurized aircraft for constant oxygen. Some other uses are for either a decompression emergency or oxygen first aid kits which are offered by ProMed OMS.
At ProMed, we offer a wide range of medical e-Cylinder oxygen tank bottle solutions that can be used for home use or healthcare offices. ProMed OMS oxygen e-Cylinder features a brushed aluminum clear coat-protective finish. Is constructed with a strong and lightweight material. Our e-Cylinder tank is lighter than ordinary steel and only weighs 10 lbs making it easy and convenient to carry and transport.
Medical E-cylinder Oxygen Features
- Weight 10 lbs full
- Cylinder length 24.9"
- Cylinder O.D. 4.38
- Oxygen capacity of 682 liters
- 227 minutes, Average Run Time @ 3LPM
- 57 minutes, Average Run Time @ 12LPM
- service psi 2,015
- Produced from high strength aluminum alloy for durability
- The cylinder contains a corrosion-resistant interior surface and is up to 40% lighter than some steel cylinders
- Each oxygen cylinder has a brushed body finish with green shoulder and durable heat-sensitive clear coating
- All cylinders are manufactured in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) 3AL and Transport Canada (TC) 3ALM requirements.
- Every cylinder is inspected and tested by a DOT and TC authorized independent inspection
- Comes with a toggle valve to easily attach a regulator
What is e-cylinder Oxygen Tank?
Most e-cylinder are portable oxygen “E” tank are 3-foot tall aluminum tank that weighs between 7.5 to 10 pounds and carries anywhere from 2,200–3,000 PSI of compressed oxygen medial gas depending on the manufacturer. On average continuously at 2 liters per minute, an "E" tank will last about 5–6 hours.
Home oxygen therapy can help with many conditions, including:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Sleep apnea
Danger of Pure Oxygen
Pure oxygen is dangerous or unstable sometimes called “radical”. Oxygen radicals are the harm of fats, protein and DNA in your body. Pure oxygen is also damages your eyes so you can't see properly, and breathing 100% oxygen for long periods of time can cause changes in the lungs. Researchers believe that by lowering the concentration of oxygen therapy to 40% of patients can receive it for longer periods of time without the risk of side effects. So breathing pure oxygen is quite dangerous, but consult with your doctor.